Harry, Kathleen, Sydney and Julia Watts have moved to Yokosuka, Japan. Here is how our life as a Gaijin (Japanese for foreigner) has been developing.

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

School Doctor visit.

We got a letter from Sydney's school talking about Health day. It stated that Sydney would get to see a doctor at school to check her out. We would need to test her for pinworm and send a urine sample. I couldn't believe it at first. Wow, why would a school do all of this? Then I thought many kids in the US don't see a doctor every year and probably would benefit from this treatment. Well, the pinworm thing went well, and we didn't have any trouble. Then the urine sample came. It was due on her birthday which of course meant she was already excited, but I had to try and explain to her that I was going to collect her potty. It took a little convincing but we finally got it. The next objective was to get it into the little container that they sent home. I tried everything and ended up with almost an inch of urine in the bottle and called it quits. Of course I found out later that I should have used the bottle like a turkey baster and it would have been fine. You would think all those years of filling up syringes in the OR would have come in handy, but I guess not. The school hasn't sent anything home saying I need to retest so I guess we are in the clear for now. Just another adventure at our Japanese school.

No comments: