Harry, Kathleen, Sydney and Julia Watts have moved to Yokosuka, Japan. Here is how our life as a Gaijin (Japanese for foreigner) has been developing.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Wii of a Father's Day!

Well, with the luck of the Irish behind us(or the O'Connnors), we bought one of three Wii's that arrived at the Navy Exchange for Father's day. My friend Jen and I made a pact over bunko and margarita's that if either of us found Wii's we would buy one for the other. We both took to checking the video section of the store regularly, but Jen was the one who found them that Sunday. We have already taught Sydney how to bowl, but she does get tired after a couple of games. Harry and I have boxed each other 'til we needed a break. It's like tai bo, but you actually get to beat up someone. Then I took on a pretty good game of doubles tennis. I have to say that this is a lot of fun and I see why people who have never owned a game system before buy these. If I can find Wii fit someday maybe I can do yoga and other exercise things in my living room. We will probably wear out our tatami mats, but we are having fun. By the way, no, Sydney doesn't need glasses, but since Harry has them someone else just HAD to have them so she could "see better". Hopefully she'll have her mom's vision along with her mom's eyes!

No comments: