Harry, Kathleen, Sydney and Julia Watts have moved to Yokosuka, Japan. Here is how our life as a Gaijin (Japanese for foreigner) has been developing.

Friday, April 25, 2008

Not as good as I once was...

OK so I finally have gone to Karoke in Japan and I can just say that if you don't want to come here to see us you should come for the karoke. It was a blast. When I left the house that night I had on lipstick and Sydney's comment was "Mommy you look like a different girl", guess I don't get dressed up enough. I went with 5 of my friends and Diane organized it for my birthday though late since my parents were here then. Japanese do karoke right, you pay about 27.00 for 4 hours of unlimited drinks and your own little room for you and your friends to sing your hearts out. As you can see from the pictures Robin has the rock star look down! We definately sang our hearts out, and though many of us couldn't carry a tune it didn't matter. One of my favorite songs to sing was "Hit the road Jack" and "My Way". Kathy on the other hand had hand motions that she knew for "My Girl", which where so impressive I caught them on video but I will not subject you to that right now, maybe later! I must say that Kathy and Robin were really got into "Bohemian Rapsedy", Kim really took to "Baby got Back" and "California Girls". The funny thing was Mi-Mi and Kathy had agreed to come and just sing one song and watch the rest of us make fools of ourselves, but it didn't turn out that way. They looked like fools also. It was mentioned that they may need singers for the Change of Command, I am sure we can arrange our schedules to accomidate this gig. We have decided that we all need a theme song and need to come up with one before our next outing. Kathy has requested we return before she leaves and we will all be recovered by that time. I must say as a mom of young children who wake up at 6 am, getting home at almost 12 o'clock is difficult. It was worth it though. Maybe I will practice singing in the shower and get over this cold by our next outing, though I don't think it will help. At least my friends don't critic my voice or my singing because then I would have to find other people to go with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we were super stars!!
we need to go again!
RMS